Broadcasters Foundation of America provides monthly grants to broadcasters unable to work due to a critical illness, accident, advanced age or other serious misfortune and need financial help to cover their monthly expenses.
First, please create a Submittable account by clicking "Create Your Account" below. Then, enter your email, create a password, enter your first and last name, and click "Sign Up".
Next, complete the eligibility questionnaire. If you qualify for our Monthly Grant Program, you will be directed to the full Monthly Grant application.
Monthly Grant Application Instructions:
Please read thoroughly and complete the application in its entirety. The application could take 60 minutes or more to complete and might require assistance if you are not computer inclined. As you are working, the application will save. If you need to pause your work, you can save your application and continue working on it later.
As you move through the application, you will be asked to enter or upload supplemental documents. Please have these additional documents ready to upload or enter (upload instructions can be found here):
- Two (2) Broadcasting employment references with email addresses
- Physician's statement explaining how your medical condition affects your ability to work full time
- Utility bill that lists your current address
- Bank statements (checking and savings)
- Housing statement (mortgage statement, rental agreement/invoice, hotel/motel bill, care facility agreement/invoice, etc.)
- Life Insurance statement (if applicable)
- Federal Income Tax Form 1040 (if you are required to file)
- Personal description of your circumstances
All information submitted is kept confidential. If you have questions regarding the application, please email email@example.com or call 212-373-8252. Our office is based in New York City, and we operate during normal business hours.
For questions about our grant programs or help with the Submittable software, click here.